This simple recipe is made with produce I worked for at the Johnson’s Backyard Garden in East Austin. The produce is local, organic, AND wonderful. Everyone should seek out a CSA close buy and support them. Farming fresh, organic produce is hard work and is deserved to be enjoyed sought after!
Cook: 10-15 min
- 2-3 slices of fresh nitrate free center cut bacon, sliced into bits
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6-10 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 yellow onion sliced and quartered
- 1 bunch of swiss chard, chopped (organic)
- 1/2 C white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet cook bacon until crisp, transfer bacon out of skillet with slotted spoon.
- Turn burner to medium and leave as much of the rendered bacon grease you would like to cook the rest of the ingredients, I leave about a TBS in there and wipe the rest out, more the better 🙂
- Add the garlic, mushrooms, and onions and cook for about 3-5 min.
- Add swiss chard and mix around for 1 min, then add wine and lemon juice, cook for another min or two to let some of the liquid reduce.
- Salt and pepper to taste and then ENJOY!