Prep: 15 min
Cook: 20-30 min depends on thickness of chicken breasts
- 1 Cup japanese panko bread crumbs
- 1 /2 TBS paprika
- 1 TBS dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground peppercorns (I use a blend of white, black, red, and pink ground in a mortar and pestle).
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 chicken breasts, I used regular not thin ones, trim fat.
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 C flour
- 10 mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 3 lemons juiced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup of chardonnay
- 3 TBS butter, real
- 1 TBS flour
- 2 TBS capers
- 2TBS olive oil
- Combine first 7 ingredients into a medium bowl and mix well.
- Trim chicken of fat.
- Arrange the next ingredients as follows: 1/2 C flour on a plate, beaten egg in a shallow bowl (that will fit one breast), Bowl of panko mix. Salt and pepper breasts lightly and then dredge each breast in the order above so: Flour, egg, panko (making sure you cover each breast completely in each stage.
- Put breasts in fridge for 10 min to set breading and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- While breasts are setting cut up garlic, mushrooms and measure out the rest of your ingredients.
- Heat large non-stick skillet on med high with 2 tbs of olive oil for about 3-4 min or until hot.
- Cook breast 3 min on each side, time this and do not flip or touch before 3 min so that you don’t loose your breading! They should be nice and golden brown after 3 min on each side 🙂 place in a baking dish and cook for about 12-15 min or until done.
- While chicken is baking, take the skillet you used for the chicken and add your garlic and real butter on medium, cook for 1 min, then add mushrooms and cook for 1 min, then add lemon juice and wine and bring to a simmer for about 3-4 min, add capers, then that TBS of flour to thicken up a bit more. Finally add some paprika, salt, and pepper to taste.
Serve with your choice of sides, I went with mac & cheese and collard greens 🙂
It’s a VERY ZESTY sauce and goes wonderfully with the panko chicken!