This is an easy recipe for anyone to make on a time crunch, wanna make it with out meat… just omit the chicken and add 1 cup more of mushrooms and your good to go!
Cook Time: 25-30 min
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 box of frozen spinach
- 3 cups of mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup of light sour cream
- 1 cup of chicken broth (to boil chicken cubes in)
- 1/4 cup of red wine
- 1 cup of white cheese blend (if you want it really cheesy and don’t mind the added fat add another cup).
- 2 TBS of milk
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1-2 TBS of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp freshly course ground pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 pre-made frozen pie crusts or make your own, (I do this to save time).
When you get home from the store put the pie crusts in the fridge instead of the freezer this will help manipulate them later.
- Thaw spinach and press all of the water out with a paper towel through the strainer.
- Heat up 1-2 TBS of EVOO in large skillet on med high.
- Add garlic, onions, and mushrooms, cook for about 8-10 min, until nice and golden brown.
- While that’s cooking bring the broth to a boil and add raw cubed chicken, boil for about 4 min or so. Save 1/4 cup of broth for later.
- Turn burner to low and add strained spinach to the hot mushroom and onion mixture and then add the wine and 1/4 cup of broth, and milk then bring to a simmer, remove from heat and add spices and sour cream. Taste mixture before adding the chicken cubes to see if it needs anything, if so add spice, if not add chicken cubes and stir it up.
- Pull out pie crust from fridge and keep on in the metal tin, pour mixture into bottom crust with tin.
- Carefully remove the other crust from the tin and place on top (like a lid) and press down around the whole pie, I like to use a fork to seal. Then slice 3 – 1 inch slices in the pie to allow steam to exit. Tip* Place the pot pie on a foil lined cookie sheet incase of any bubbly overflow and your oven will thank you later 🙂
- Cook until golden brown and hot all the way through.
- Cool for 5 -10 min and serve with some fresh green beans!