ONE WORD…. FANTASTIC!
TAPAS STYLE DINNER
Cook Time Total: 45-55 min (includes potato cook time).
- 8oz of quail breast (no bones).
- Bread, french or sourdough (8 small slices, cut into squares).
- 8 slices or prosciutto.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 6 cipollini onions, look for dense ones
- 1 Cup arugula
- 3/4 bunch collard greens
- 1/4 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBS dry red wine
- 2 TBS vinegar
- 2TBS olive oil
- Green onion, 2, sliced very fine (potatoes)
- 1-2 TBS butter (potatoes)
- 2 TBS milk (potatoes)
- Garlic powder, sea salt, fresh pepper to taste (potatoes)
Instructions: ( I will try not to make this confusing).
- Marinate breasts in balsamic, 2 minced garlic cloves, and one minced cipollini onion for 3o min
- While breasts are marinating, cook potatoes until done and mash, mix in green onion, butter, milk, and spices (cool in fridge).
- Wrap breasts with prosciutto and set aside in fridge
- Combine arugula with wine and vinegar- salt and pepper and set aside in fridge
- Take remaining 2 garlic cloves and onions, drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil and bake @ 350 for 30 min
- Cook wrapped breasts in large skillet until done flipping once cook potato cakes in small amount of olive oil until brown on each side.
- Cook collard greens in pan quail was cooked until done, mix in chopped up roasted garlic and onion, season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the bread in small squares and drizzle with olive oil and parmesan cheese and toast until crispy.
- Assemble crostini, toast, arguala, quail and serve with a side of collard greens and potato cakes.
Serve with a Merlot or Cab, we had a glass of Cupcake Merlot @ $10 a bottle (w/ Randall’s card, $16 reg).