This is a super easy meal to make that tastes wonderful, I served the chicken with a gemelli pasta and brussel spouts!
Cook: 20 min
- 2 chicken breasts
- 16 sheets of phyllo dough
- 1 egg
- 4 TBS of goat cheese (I like Cheesy Girls “Hottie” goat cheese, she’s a local Texan cheese maker I met at Central Market).
- 2 TBS of orange marmalade (get some good stuff, not Smuckers).
- I cup of whole wheat gemelli pasta, uncooked
- 2 small campari tomatoes, cubed
- 2 tBS of parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 TBS of butter
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 sprig of rosemary, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 cups of brussel sprouts
- Pre-Heat Oven to 400
- Season chicken with rosemary, salt, and pepper on both sides.
- Cook chicken in a skillet for 2.5 min on each side to brown in olive oil (5 min total).
- Set chicken aside and brown garlic and shallot in skillet and set aside (this is for gemelli).
- Lay out 8 sheets of the phyllo dough square (large enough to wrap the chicken in) lay down 1 TBS orange marmalade and on top of that lay 2 TBS of goat cheese then place breast on top and fold phyllo around the chicken seal edges with egg wash and brush on top of wrapped chicken. Repeat with other breast on remaining 8 sheets.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 min on 400 degrees.
- Bring 2 quarts of salted water to a boil add pasta and cook to al dente
- Strain and transfer back to pot and add 1 TBS of butter, tomatoes, reserved garlic and shallot mixture, parmesan cheese, and salt, pepper, and rosemary to taste. Mix well
Serve with brussel sprouts or your green of choice!