I made this as a meal, although the tuna tartare would be a great appetizer for a party!
Cook Time: (Soup) 20 min
- 2 Sashimi grade tuna steaks (.3-.4 lbs each) (small cubes)
- 1 Avocado (small cubes)
- 2-3 TBS cilantro, chopped finely
- 2 TBS green onion, just greens, slice finely
- 2 TBS sesame seeds (I do one TBS toasted and one I leave regular for a nice contrast).
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- 1 tsp Grated ginger
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 2 limes, juiced
- Cilantro for garnish
- Wonton wrappers (9-10)
- Olive oil spray
- Sesame seeds for wontons
- 1 container of organic chicken stock, 32 oz
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms (I use regular because I was out).
- 1/2 a block of soft tofu, silken, cubed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/8 cup scallions
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix tuna, green onions, sesame seeds, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, orange zest, cilantro and salt together in a medium bowl. Mix well. Set back in the fridge.
When ready to serve add lime juice and avocado and mix gently.
Mix all ingredients and cook for 20 min.
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees, lay 10 wontons on a foil or parchment paper tray (spray foil first), spray tops of wonton and sprinkle with sesame seeds – cook until golden brown and crispy (about 7 min for me with gas). Watch em’ carefully!
Plating: Place Tuna Tartare on top of wonton crisps, top tartare with a spring of cilantro and serve with tofu soup and your choice of a salad with ginger or sesame dressing. This is an easy and healthy dish that so refreshing!
Pair with a Japanese beer or Sake.