Great meal to prep the night before and start in the morning before work, you will come home to a delicious dinner and still have time left to do something fun for the evening!
Prep: 10 min
Cook Time: 7 hrs (in crockpot) on low
- 2.5 lbs of pork tenderloin
- 8 pineapple rings (fresh)
- 1 large white onion, halved
- 1 cup fresh mango orange juice
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup guajillo chile powder
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (preferably Mexican)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cumin
- 1 large chipotle chile from adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Corn tortillas
- Smoky Two-Chile Salsa
- Lime wedges
- Hand full of chopped red potatoes (if desired).
- Coarsely chop 1 onion half. Coarsely chop 2 pineapple rounds, discarding core; cover and chill remaining pineapple. Place chopped onion and chopped pineapple in blender. Add orange juice and next 7 ingredients; puree marinade until smooth.
- Place tenderloins in crock pot on low and pour sauce on top of pork and cover for 7 hours. (add potatoes if you’d like).
- For the last 30 min add the remaining pineapple to crock pot.
- Remove pork and pineapple and roughly chop into chunks.
- Serve on corn tortillas with cilantro, white onion, lime, smokey salsa, and pineapple chunks.
- I like to serve with a black bean puree and potatoes.
This was wonderful, but I did it on the stove top with a boneless boston butt because I did not have a tenderloin. I look forward to using the recipe again and again.
Awesome! So glad to hear it 🙂 Boston butt is a great option- more flavor! Cheers!