Prep Time: 20min
Cook Time: 20 min
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, remove skin and shred
- 1 large can of diced organic tomatoes, juice and all (I use Bionaturae)
- 2 small heirloom yellow tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 fresh ears of corn
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 serrano pepper, minced
- 1/2 hatch chile pepper, minced
- 1 box of chicken stock, low sodium
- 2.5 TBS of chile powder
- 1.5 TBS of cumin
- 1TSP garlic powder
- 1TSP onion powder
- 1/2 TSP cayenne powder
- 1.5 TSP of chipotle pepper powder
- 1 TBS of olive oil
- 2 – 3 limes
- Sea salt and fresh pepper to taste (you will use more than you expect, about a TBS of each)
- Garnish: Monterey Jack Cheese with hatch chiles, avocado, Guiltless Gourmet baked blue corn tortilla chips,cilantro, and lime).
- In large soup pot cook onion, minced serrano and hatch chiles in 1 TBS oil for about 4 min.
- Add canned tomatoes, fresh heirlooms, and corn (I cut corn directly into pot) simmer for 5 min.
- Add box of broth, juice from one lime, and spices bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 min.
- Add shredded chicken to soup and simmer for 5 min.
- Place soup in large bowl and garnish with chips, cheese, and cilantro with a squeeze of lime.