This is one of my favorite recipes my Dad makes, when I was young (and picky) I would just pick at it and load up on the sides-it’s funny how that works…
Cook Time: 15-20 min
- 1.5 lbs of sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 1/2 of a large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 container of sliced and washed mushrooms (about 1.5 cups or so)
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 16 oz light sour cream
- 2 TBS butter
- Sea salt, freshly ground pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- 1 bag of “broad” Egg noodles (I use No Yolk)
- Heat skillet on medium high with 1 tbs of butter, cut up produce and add to hot skillet cook for 5 min.
- Add 1/3 cup of wine and cook for 5 more min. Cut up steak while the produce is cooking.
- Transfer produce and juice into medium bowl and return skillet to stove and turn up heat to high with 1 tbs of butter. Get water boiling for noodles.
- Add steak to skillet and cook until medium rare, turning to brown on all sides. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Add produce mixture to skillet and turn burner off and let it cool down for about 5 min.
- Add 16 oz of sour cream to skillet and mix well, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve steak mixture over a bed of noodles.