Quinoa: High in protein, low glycemic, and gluten free!
Cook Time: 20 min
Serves: 2 (with quinoa left over for another meal lunch or dinner for later that week).
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onion and chives, chopped
- 1/4 C. mushrooms
- 1 ear of corn or 1/4 C. corn cooked
- 1 can of sodium free black beans (rinsed and drained).
- 1 lrg chicken breast or 2 small, cooked and sliced (season with salt and pepper).
- Cook quinoa as recommended
- Mix in fresh produce the dressing
- Serve with sliced chicken on top and a side of broccoli
- 1/4 C. balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBS quality olive oil
- 1 lime zested and juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TBS red onion or shallot, finely minced
- Fresh ground pepper 1/2 tsp
Mix all ingredients and pour into quinoa mixture