Bison…it’s what’s for dinner 🙂
Cook: 10-15 min (burgers, fries take about 40).
- 1lb of ground bison
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup blue cheese
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Mushrooms 1/2 cup
- Yellow onion 1/2 cup, sliced
- Butter or oil (use to your discretion for sauteed mushrooms and onions, I don’t use much).
- Whole wheat buns (3)
- Cheese optional to top burger, I’m going to use provolone.
- Mix bison, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and blue cheese
- Form into 3 patties and place in fridge
- Set up charcoal and fire it up
- Place patties on grill and cook to your liking (I like medium rare).
- Saute mushrooms and onions while patties are cooking on the grill
- Assemble burgers: Bun, patty, mushrooms, onion, top with any other things like (mayo, lettuce, pickles, cheese, etc) then add top bun.
Serve with sweet potato fries and enjoy!
Sweet Potato Fries
Cook Time: 40 min
- 1 large sweet potato
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil spray
- Pinch of cayenne
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Cut up potato into fry sized slices
- Spray glass baking dish with olive oil spray
- Spread out potato slices on dish and spray with olive oil
- Sprinkle with spices to your liking
- Bake for about 15 min then flip and spray again
- Bake an additional 15 min or until browned slightly