A yummy & healthy salad thats great for dinner or lunch!
Cook Time: 8min
- Spinach and baby greens blend 1/2 a bag
- 1/2 Red Bell, sliced
- 1/2 Orange Bell, sliced
- 1/2 Yellow Bell, sliced
- Red Onion, sliced thin
- Broccoli 8 small heads
- Cucumber, sliced then halved (leave skin on if you don’t mind it, thats where all the healthy nutrients are).
- Stubbs BBQ Sauce or Salt Lick BBQ Sauce (Salt Lick Sauce is going to be not so “low fat”, Stubbs Sauce is a fat free option).
- Goat Cheese Crumbles
- 16 Wild Shrimp, medium size
- Prep grill and light (these can be also cooked in the oven on 400 degrees for 4 min each side).
- Peel and deveined shrimp (sometimes you can purchase them already deveined).
- Set shrimp in shallow bowl and toss with BBQ sauce, enough to cover, let marinade in fridge while your prepping produce.
- Place the bagged blend into two nice sized bowls
- Chop all produce and arrange in two separate medium salad bowls
- Top with goat cheese and freshly ground pepper
- Skewer shrimp, approx 4 per skewer
- Place on grill, 4 min per side, basting in between with BBQ sauce
- Slide shrimp onto top of salad and if desired drizzle with a bit of BBQ sauce
Try this great twist on salad next time you have the grill going. I promise your taste buds will thank you 🙂
Also try buying local seasonal veggies when possible, it’s worth the slight increase in price.