Chicken Quesadillas, less fat then the typical restaurant favorite and more flavor.
Cook Time Total : About 30 min
- 1 6oz Chicken Breast (if you’re in a rush and are making more than 2 servings, buy a hot and ready rotisserie chicken from the market).
- 4 whole wheat fresh tortillas
- 1/4 of a yellow bell, chopped
- 1/4 of a red bell, chopped
- 1/4 of a purple or yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green onion chopped (chive part too)
- 1-2 TBS of Smart Balance Spread or your oil/butter/spray of choice
- 1 cup Kraft Mexican Authentic Shredded Cheese
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to season chicken breast
- Season chicken breast and cook until done throughly.
- Chop up produce evenly while chicken cooks and reserve in a small bowl.
- Once chicken is done place on chopping block and shred with two forks, set aside.
- Set skillet on medium heat and let it heat up, about 3 min.
- Add 1/2 tbs of Smart Balance to skillet and rub first tortilla around on the skillet, add 1/4 cup of cheese to the quesadilla, add 2 spoonfuls of veggie mix, top with a handful of the shredded chicken, and then top with 1/4 cup cheese and a quesadilla.
- Cook for about 3-4 min then carefully flip.
- Repeat process #5 for the remaining quesadilla.
Serve with light sour cream and salsa
- 1 small can of pinto beans
- 1 small can of Rotel, mild
- 1 tsp each of: salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cumin (add more or less to taste).
- 4 spoonfuls of quesadilla veggie mix
- Combine all ingredients and let simmer for 20 min on low.
- Top the finished beans with a spoonful of any remaining veggie mix for some fresh crunch.
This is a great option if you are craving some cheesy quesadillas from you favorite restaurant but don’t want to go out and spend money. This dish only costs about $8 to make and you will have left over ingredients so you can make these again later in the week or use the versatile ingredients for another recipe.