Orange Roughy, Lump Crab, and Shrimp
What’s Ceviche ?
Marinade Time: At least 3 hours
Prep Time: about 45 min, find a helper, a nice mexican beer, and some tunes – it will go faster.
Serves: ALOT 🙂
- 1/2 lb Wild Roughy
- 8oz Wild Lump Crab Meat
- 1lb Wild Shrimp
- 5 Medium Tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 Purple Onion, diced
- 1 Small White Onion
- 15 Limes, juiced (we used an electric orange juicer).
- 1 Fresh Banana Pepper, diced
- 1 Jalapeno, diced
- 1 Small Thai Chili
- 1 Small mystery orange pepper from farmers market (looked like a orange thai chili, but not very spicy).
- 1/4 to 1/2 a bunch of cilantro
- Salt and Pepper
- Crackers (I like Fat-Free Saltines)
- Juice limes into a large bowl
- Peel Shrimp
- Cut up fish, shrimp, and crab into similar sized pieces and add to bowl of lime juice
- Cut all produce in similar sizes (except peppers, they should be cut very small) and stir into ceviche mixture.
- Roughly cut cilantro and combine into ceviche
- Let the lime juice “cook” the raw seafood for a few hours or until shrimp is nice and pink.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve on crackers, like Saltines
We got all the produce for this recipe at the local farmer’s market off Barton Springs this morning, the fresh onions and tomatoes will really make this dish pop. It’s amazing how much more potent farmer’s market onions are, they are so fresh even Ginger’s eyes were watering…
This is a great party dish and is LOW FAT and LOW CARB.