Cook Time 12-15 min
- 1/2 C. Brown sugar
- 1-1/2 C. Hodgson Mill Oat Bran Hot Cereal
- 1-1/2 C. Unbleached White Flour or Wheat Flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1Tbs. cinnamon (more can be used, I like a lot)
- 2 Tbs. ground flax seeds
- 2 eggs or 4 egg whites (I like to use the refrigerated “Just Whites”)
- 1 C. Applesauce (unsweetened)
- 2 Tbs canola oil
- 2 Tbs agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line or spray 12 muffin cups.
- Blend dry ingredients together.
- Add eggs, chilled applesauce, oil, and nectar. Mix well until blended.
- Spoon into batter cups.
- Bake 12-15 min or until golden brown.
- Makes 12 muffins
These muffins are a great way to start your day! These will keep you full and satisfied whether you have them for breakfast or a mid day snack AND they wont wreck your waistline.