Pesto Rotini with Campari Tomatoes and Fresh Basil
Cook Time: 12 min
Prep Time: 1 min
- 1 cup uncooked rotini (whole wheat, I like Ronzoni)
- 2 campari tomatoes* sliced then quartered
- 2 fresh basil leaves (chiffonade)
- 1 tbs of pesto
- Salt and pepper to taste (I like a pinch of cayenne).
- Add fresh mozzarella if desired
Cook pasta as directed and mix in the rest.
Serve warm or cold and enjoy!
*Carmpari tomatoes are sweet and noted for their juiciness, low acidity, and lack of mealiness. They are bigger than cherry tomatoes, but are smaller than plum tomatoes