Happy Cinco De Mayo!~ Here’s a repost from last year 🙂 I love roasted Hatch chiles! Every year in August Central Market has the Hatch Chile Festival so I always try to make new things with this great versatile chile. You can use poblanos instead as well since the hatch aren’t out yet!
Cook Time Total: 25-30 min
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 roasted, mild hatch chiles
- 1 can hatch chile enchilada sauce (you will use a quarter can) I like to blend some fresh tomatillos into this sauce as well.
- 6 oz light sour cream
- 8 0z mexican blend cheese (or monterrey jack will do)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
Pre-Heat Oven: to 375 degrees
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, cook chicken breasts until done then shred
- Take roasted Hatch chiles and cut tops off and gently scrape seeds out, place in small blender with 1/4 can of prepared Hatch brand chile enchilada sauce, 6oz of sour cream, and spices-blend thoroughly.
- Warm tortillas for about 30 seconds in microwave
- Spoon a few spoonfuls of hatch sauce into a medium sized casserole so tortillas don’t stick
- Start assembling enchiladas: take a tortilla place a handful of cheese down, add some shredded chicken, then drizzle hatch sauce on top of chicken and then roll up and place in casserole, repeat until all 6 are done
- Drizzle remaining hatch sauce over the tops of enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese
- Bake in oven until hot and bubbly, 20-25 min
- Sprinkle some chives on top and serve
Serve with black beans or charro and enjoy!