Summer is here (I live in Texas remember) and that means it’s salad time in ZBD land. I love salads year round but there’s just something about the summer time that makes them taste better! Included in this post is a chance for you to win your very own OXO Salad Dressing Shaker! See details on how to win at the end of the post
Prep: 10 min
- 6-8 C. Baby Spinach
- 2 C. Strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 C. Pecans
- Juice of two lemons
- 1/8 C. Yuzu Juice
- 1/4 C. Olive Oil
- 1/4 C. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 TBS. Poppy Seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp. Sea salt
The Salad Dressing Shaker by OXO makes it easy to measure with the handy measurements on the side. Add in this order for ease: Olive oi to 1/4 marker, yuzu to 1/3 marker, apple cider to 1/2 marker, then add lemon juice and poppy seeds/seasonings. Shake well before pouring. Can store for up to a week in the fridge.
My thoughts on the OXO Salad Shaker…
I love everything about it:
- The rubber grip helps to well keep a “grip” on it even if you get a bit of oil on your fingers which is nice.
- I love the measurement marks, I usually eyeball but this helps me for writing my recipes for dressings out and being a blogger that comes in handy a lot.
- I love the simple spout thats sealed with a rubber grommet, it allows your finger to rest on top for added security. I haven’t had it leak out once no matter how hard I shake it. I’ve had shakers in the past where this is not the case and I end up with oil and vinegar all over my cabinets This simple design is actually the best I’ve seen. Best of all you can use it one handed!
- It’s BPA free which is a plus for times when making a warm dressing! No leeching BPA’s into your dressing is always a plus!
- It’s all sealed wonderfully so you can leave the dressing in the shaker for multiples days in the fridge, depending on your ingredients some may even last a couple of weeks.
- It says it’s dishwasher safe, but I know this product will probably last me much longer if I hand wash it, so that’s what I’ve been doing. I like my gadgets to last a long time
- It holds a 1 1/2 C. capacity which is plenty for me.
I haven’t found any cons with this product and plan on doing a follow up in 6 months.
*I received 2 OXO Salad Dressing Shakers for FREE, one for myself and one to give away to one of my loyal followers. All opinions I have expressed are my own truthful ones. I have not been paid by OXO or any affiliated company to write this review. I signed up for OXO’s Blogger Outreach Program.
Here’s 5 ways to enter to win: (doing all 5 means you have 5 entries)
- Subscribe to my Blog if you aren’t already and leave me a comment saying you’ve done so or already are an awesome fan.
- “Like” OXO on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OXO and leave me a comment saying you’ve done so.
- “Like” ZestyBeanDog on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Zestybeandog and leave me a comment saying you’ve done so.
- “Pin It” (this post) on Pinterest and leave me a comment saying you’ve done so.
- Share This Post on your Facebook page and leave me a comment saying you’ve done so.
Good Luck! The winner will be announced May 1st 2012! Cheers!