One of my favorite meals to eat and cook is pizza, I eat it once a week! So I figured why not do a pizza for my 100th blog post… I also will enclose a peek into what we ate over the weekend at the end of the post (as well as a very interesting cake we saw at HEB). I hope you enjoy and thanks for keeping me motivated to blog over the last 100 posts. Cheers!
This is my favorite pizza I’ve made so far! It was amazing! The brussel sprouts go so wonderfully with the bacon and shallots, it’s like a match made in heaven I even ate a slice today for breakfast, cold… just had to make sure it was still good!
Prep: 25 min
Cook: 18-20 min
- Dough, make your own or find some pre-made or frozen dough. (Some speciality stores like Whole Foods or Central Market will have some). Enough to make a large 14-16 inch pizza
- 15 Brussel sprouts, halved
- 4 Slices of bacon, I love Applegate Farms nitrate free bacon.
- 2-4 Shallots (about 1/4 C.), sliced long ways
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 C. Mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 C. Provolone, shredded
- 1/4 C. Parmesan Reggiano, shredded (and some extra for topping). * Remember! Use good quality cheeses for best results
- 4-5 oz of Muir Organic Tomato Sauce (add 1/2 TBS of herbs de provence, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp red pepper and pinch of salt and stir). I like thin sauce, but you can add more
- 1 TBS of an Italian herbs de provence for the top of cheese.
- 1/2 tsp of Thyme for top of cheese.
- 1 TBS Olive oil
- Juice from one lemon for sprouts
- Pre-Heat oven to 375 F. Line a cookie sheet with foil and place brussel sprouts cut side down. Baste sprouts with olive oil and lemon juice. Bake for 15 min and remove from oven. Turn oven up to 425 F when done for the pizza.
- Cook 4 slices of bacon to almost done, (so it’s not completely crispy). I do it in the microwave for about 3.5 min on paper towels, but all microwaves are different so if you choose this route, just keep an eye on it. When done, cut bacon up in chunks, about .5 inch x .5 inch.
- On prepared dough, lay down sauce, cheeses, herbs, bacon, sprouts opposite side up this time, shallots, garlic, and then top with grated Parmesan Reggiano. Bake for about 15-20 min or until cheese gets golden and crust is crisp.