This a great healthier week night meal that is easy to set up and can cook in as little as 4 hrs in the crock while you are off at work or running errands.
This is not the greatest photo, but it was late and I was hungry
Prep: 10 min
Cook Time: 4-8 hrs
Serves: 4 ish
- 6-8 organic chicken thighs, remove fat (the ones I had were small so we had 2 each)
- 2.5 cups no sodium chicken stock ( I like homemade or Kitchen Basics)
- 1 cup blend of wild rice and lentils (pick your favorite)
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- .5 cup chopped carrots
- .5 cup onions, chopped
- 1 TBS fresh lemon thyme
- .5 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Place stock in pot, add rice, veggies,oil, and herbs: stir.
- Add chicken thighs to pot, season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. ( I do 4 on high)
- Serve, salt and pepper to taste.