We had a sushi night last Saturday and it was amazing! I’m doing a 40 day yoga challenge and one of my commitments was to NOT eat meat… so I haven’t had any meat but some occasional seafood. I’m halfway through it and doing well. See the end of post for details on how to vote for my Marx Foods entry!
These tempura veggies are a light and tasty snack or side to a meal.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 4 min or until lightly golden
Ingredients for batter:
- 1 C. Flour
- 1 TBS Corn Starch
- 1 1/2 C. Club Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Peanut oil
You can use what ever veggies you would like. I like sweet potato, bell peppers, Carrots, and Brocoli. Make sure you don’t slice too thick.
- 1/2 C. Soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Sesame oil
- 1 TBS. Green onion
- 5 Thin slices of ginger, fresh
- 1/2 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Lime juice
- 2 TBS Rice wine vinegar
- Slice veggies and make sauce.
- Heat fryer oil to 375 degrees.
- Coat veggies in batter, shake off remaining batter and fry for 3-4 min. Doing small batches at a time.
- Place on paper towel. Repeat until done.
- Serve with sauce.
Please vote for my submission to Marx Foods, I made a Chile, Yuzu, and Jasmine Tea Granita, it was DELISH! The voting polls close Thursday evening! Thank you so much for the support!