This granita is a flavorful multi-dimensional creation that starts off cool and tart and builds with a fiery heat from the Thai and tepin chilies. It’s a short lived heat that surprisingly keeps you coming back for more. It’s sure to take your taste buds on a roller-coaster! I’m submitting this to the Fire and Ice Contest held by Marx Foods. I will post the link where you can vote for my creation as soon as it goes live. I appreciate the support as always! To read more about the contest click here. VOTE HERE NOW
Serves : 2
Prep: 10 min
Set Time: 3 hrs
- 1/4 C. Yuzu Juice
- 1/4 C. Water
- 1/4 C. Jasmine Tea
- 1/4 C. Agave Nectar
- 1 Thai chile, ground
- 2 Tepin chiles, ground
- 2 Cherries, pitted
- In a mortar and pestle, grind chilies, seeds and all.
- In a small/medium pot combine all ingredients and heat to a simmer for 10 min.
- Strain liquid, removing chilies and cherries. Reserve liquid and cherries.
- Place liquid in a shallow container and freeze for 3 hrs.
- Slice cherries and reserve.
- Once liquid is frozen, churn up with two forks and serve, garnishing with the soaked sliced cherries.
Disclaimer: I did not receive any compensation from Marx Food for this post. All opinions are my own.