The subtle sweetness from the fennel really shines through in this dish giving it a complex flavor profile you will love! It’s a super easy dish that is sure to please
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
- 1 lb Fresh italian sausage, ground
- 1/4 C. Fennel bulb, diced
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 1/2 C. Porcini mushrooms
- 1 Package Buitoni linguine (or you can make your own).
- 1/4 C. Freshly grated romano cheese.
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh pepper
- OPTIONAL : 1/2 C light sour cream if you want a creamier feel
- Chop produce (Fennel and Shallot) leave mushrooms whole and if they are dry, rehydrate them by following the instructions on the package.
- Heat large skillet to medium high and bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook sausage in large skillet with the fennel and shallots until sausage is cooked thoroughly. Turn off burner. This is where you would add sour cream if you decide to do so- it’s good both ways…
- Add fresh pasta to boiling water for designated time of package (if it’s fresh its should be around 3 min).
- Once pasta is done, drain and toss in tsp of olive oil then add to the sausage mixture and toss throughly until all is mixed well.
- Serve onto plates and top with Romano cheese! You can serve with a green and bread if desired.